Summer is coming in hot! Have you seen those West Coast temps???! The South isn’t quite hitting 100+ degrees but the humidity has me melting. So keeping certain skincare products and tools in your fridge will keep your skin cool during the surge.
- The best eye cream—be it for dark circles or wrinkles: Truth be told, the fragile under-eye area warrants major tender, love, and care; and chilling your best eye creams will up the ante in de-puffing, hydrating, and soothing. As always, consider your eye cream’s consistency and formula. Serum-based eye creams with active ingredients tend to be lighter in consistency and therefore, are best suited for the skincare fridge. Gels are just as effective in a skincare fridge, too.
- Sheet masks: When chilled, these face masks impart a cooling sensation that feels extra nourishing and luxurious on the complexion. As a result, they’ll go the extra mile in alleviating inflamed and irritated skin.
- Skincare tools: Think jade rollers, gua sha stones, and facial cooling globes, all of which help get rid of eye bags. Pop them in your skincare fridge, and you’ll enjoy greater soothing benefits from cooling—faster.
- Mists: Skin mists already deliver rich hydration sans skincare fridge. However, when you place them in one, they add a nice cooling effect and healthy glow with a spritz—ideal for warm weather and after workouts.
- Facial toners: The best facial toners are formulated to tighten pores and remove impurities from the skin. When applied cold, facial toners are even more potent at reducing redness and puffiness.
- Gel moisturizers: Unlike dense options, these best moisturizers are perfect for any skincare fridge, given their lighter consistency and texture. When chilled, your moisturizer will reduce redness by constricting the small blood vessels in the face.
- Products infused with vitamin C and SPFs: These skincare ingredients are more sensitive, and thus warrant proper storage and temperature maintenance. By nature of cooling down products,skincare fridges help preserve these formulations for the long haul.
- Facial serums: A great facial serum is packed high concentrations of active nutrients, which, in order to be effective, must be preserved in optimal settings. With a skincare fridge, your facial serums will last longer and the ingredients will remain active for a longer duration of time. That being said, we suggest proceeding with caution, as some formulations will separate in cooler climates.
- Liquid Makeup: When it comes to liquid makeup, clear packaging lets sunlight through and causes product to oxidize quicker. Cue: the skincare fridge, which will protect the color and efficacy of your favorite liquid cosmetics. Among them, your best mascara is a great option to store in a skincare fridge—when exposed to heat, it’ll become a hot-bed for bacteria, hindering its integrity, longevity, and effectiveness.
You can put these in a ‘skincare section’ of your refrigerator in the kitchen or purchase a mini-fridge just to store your coveted skincare items and place it in your bathroom or bedroom. Now not all products belong in the fridge so use caution and a little thought. Thick creams, oils or mixtures of oil and water, oil and cream, or cream and gels could separate in cooler temperatures. Clay masks could harden and become less effective. Keep these products in clean dry areas.
Skincare = taking care of self and it’s also so fun! Need help finding the right products for you, contact me, I’d love to help curate your skincare routine.
Love, peace, and beauty!
XO, Lysandra Joy
Really good information!