The skin you are in… You only got one, take good care of it!
With a medical background and love for all things beautiful, I have always been secretly interested in skincare. I think it was the moment I had my first laser hair removal session back in my early twenties. Now that I am working in my passion as a personal fashion stylist and makeup artist I am also moving forward with pursuing becoming an Esthetician to become a licensed skin care specialist and help you keep your skin oh so pretty. My obsession is legitimized. Not to mention I will be quite the well-rounded style and beauty guru! With that said, I have been playing with products while learning more about the purpose, the ingredients and what is best suited for me and for you. Therefore, I felt the need to show and tell my latest skincare obsessions. Keep reading!
Here are my current skincare products (numbered clockwise):
- Epicuren Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Complex- First I have to say, I love everything Epicuren! It costs but it is gso worth it. I use Retin-A from time to time but unlike Retin-A where you can only use it sparingly once or twice weekly, you can use this Retinol every other day and the results are amazing. Try it if you are older and need to keep renewing your dead skin layers.
- La Mer Eye Cream – Believe it or not you need eye cream to moisturize around those eyes where we have some pretty thin and dehydrated skin. So start trying a few samples if you do not already have an eye cream that you use regularly. I think this one is ok but I could swear I used another sample which had immediate lifting and brightening results. If only I could remember the name. Diamonds or something maybe, it will come to me…
- Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging Cleansing Gel – I must say I like this staff. It has glycolic acid which is an exfoliator. Salicylic acid which helps treat acne, and a lot of natural ingredients to help turn over dead skin and soothe.
- Murad Hydrodynamic Ultimate Moisturizer -If I wasn’t before, I am now a Dr. Murad believer! In the first few weeks of my Esthetician class, the facials I have received with Murad products have really improved my complexion. There are quite a few different options with the Dr. Murad line depending on the type of skin and issues you may be having. This moisturizer is light yet really quenches. After trying the sample I am ready to purchase.
- Epicuren Protein Mist Enzyme Toner – I have used this off and on over the years and received this most recent bottle at a Spa event. Yay for samples. I love that it is so refreshing and feels great after a cleansing your face to hydrate and set the ph or as a refresher toward the end of a long day. You will love this one.
- Murad Oil-free Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++ – I chose this sunscreen because it is oil-free and mattifying, broad spectrum with strongest protection (that is what PA+++ means) and it is for aging skin as I am not getting any younger, so… I like that it has that putting it on right-after-a-spa-facial-smell. I lather it on my face, neck and décolletage daily.
- Vital C Vitamin C Skin Serum – Vitamin C is an antioxidant, offering sun protection, lightens pigmentation and evens out your skin tone. Never heard of this brand previously but I was being cheap and purchased it at TJ Maxx. Hey, it is doing the trick! My skin is lightened, brightened and even toned. Don’t knock low budget until you try it or know someone that has. I am obsessed with Vitamin C ever since I first tried the Vitamin C serum from Avon and they discontinued it. So I will try another brand after I use this one up, however, I am quite happy with the results.
That about sums up my skin bliss for now.
Live life in style! XO, Lysandra
What product(s) are you currently using on your face or body that you would love to share? Please post in the comments. I want to know!