A couple weeks ago I posted a picture on IG showing a few of my favorite beauty products that I am using right now and since sharing is caring I thought I would provide a bit of information about them in this post. I am literally loving these and wearing all of them daily or almost daily. So here it is, my short and sweet review!
Going clockwise, starting from the bottom left…
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm. This is a newer product for me as I have just started using it in December and I love it for the light shimmer and glow to place on and around the eyes for the awake daytime look. I say it is good for night time as well unless you are one that prefers to go heavier for your night look, then I would use a heavier more shimmery powder.
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer in the shade Malaga. I always get this one from Nordstrom and I have been using it for about 3 years. It has sunscreen of SPF 30 and it really is my go to for a nice sheer coverage that evens out my skin tone for day and I will wear it at night as well unless I am hitting the serious night scene then I will opt for a full coverage foundation. This moisturizer provides great coverage and you can use a little concealer with it for under the eyes and to cover minor blemishes.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater was purchased from a store that I adore…Anthropologie! If you did not know, Anthropologie carries a line of skin care and makeup products. This spray smells great and I love spraying it on myself and my clients after applying a full face of makeup to give it that settled in look and finishing up with a great aroma. Also, use it at night after washing your face for that final refreshing and calming effect before hitting the sack.
- Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow is awesome in my opinion! I think it gives my Urban Decay Naked palette a run for its money (gasp! who would of thunk it!). The color just takes so well to the skin and it goes on so smoothly. It was a gift from my sister, purchased at Sephora and I really love it. They come in a box of three separate palettes containing six eyeshadow shades and a blush. So you can keep one or two for yourself and gift the other. Whether you are big on wearing makeup or not so much, I definitely recommend that you try it!
- LA Girl HD Pro Concealer was an impulse purchase from Morphe Brushes in Los Angeles that I was not betting much based on the $4.99 price which is also why I picked it up so easily but it is so damn good. Hides those blemishes like a champ! Especially if you bake it on the skin (ie. apply it over the blemish and let it sit for a bit before blending into the skin). It works wonders…or more like hides imperfections like a wonder. The end of the tube is a brush so you can brush it right onto your skin.
- Mac In Extreme Dimension Mascara is definitely extreme. How can you have a beauty favorite and not one of them be Mac?!…Well, I have a good set of long lashes for which I thank my parents and their genetics for that! So all I need is a little bit of mascara to bring them out. This particular mascara is specified for that. A little messy but it does the job! I just clean it up with a clean mascara wand and keep it moving. I adore all Mac mascaras as well as Benefit They’re Real mascara. Oh, and Smashbox has a nice mascara as well, less messy but great effect.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow from Sephora, a loved brand in the industry right now. I actually bought this shade of eyeshadow to use as a contour powder for my day look. I was informed that this particular brand is perfect for interchanging as a blush or eyeshadow and even to use in lipstick to add or change the pigment. You learn something new every day! It is a perfect shade for me in this case as and I love a little depth to my face without it being too much.
I consider myself a makeup junkie but have actually NEVER gotten my hands on anything from Nars! I know, I know… don’t shoot! I definitely need to try something of theirs!
Haha! No violence here. 😉 Yes, definitely try Nars and aee if it works for you. They have some award winning products.
I love that facial spray!
NARS is one of my favorite makeup brands and I found some great new products to try!
Hi Brooke! I’m a Nars lover as well! Glad I could help!
I love Nars products but I’ll have to try that facial spray. Sounds nice!
– Amanda Shuman | http://www.carrylovedesigns.com/blog
Hi Amanda! I love Nars too! I forgot to add the Nars blush that I am wearing often as well! Yes, try the spray! : )