Hello and Happy Friday!! It seems I have accepted the 7 day Feel Good Blogging Challenge hosted by Alex Beadon. She has provided topics to up and coming bloggers and we are to write about each topic daily for 7 days in a row on our personal blog.I think I am about a day behind but here I am none the less! I am touched and excited by her enthusiasm and interest to get us bloggers going in the direction of our dreams. This Challenge is to get us writing about ourselves, our desires, accomplishments, reasons for blogging, what we want and why we want to share our message with others. I take on this Challenge so that I can really get focused and create clear, consistent and quality content. The Challenge poses 5 questions we must answer in this post. So here it goes!
1. Who are you? – I am Lysandra Leary, a U.S. Navy Veteran and current government manager, a daughter, a friend, a sister, an aunt, divorced, single woman in my late 30’s that is looking to open my life to a new, challenging yet delightful experience. I am from Palm Springs, California, born and raised and yes there are people (other than me) actually from Palm Springs. Believe it or not, it is not just for wealthy vacationers! : ) I live in San Diego, California and really could not ask for a better location to live and enjoy all year around, that in itself is a gift of opportunity.
2. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I want to take my love for fashion, styling, shopping and reading fashion magazines to another level. Take my love for clothes and all things beautiful and spin it into something creative, passionate, adventurous and a sparkly yet giving. Create and offer life that is bigger than what I currently have. Go big! Elevate my existence and in to turn hopefully inspire and elevate other women…and men.
3. Who is your blog for? My blog is for those that have a passion for fashion, beauty, life, love, art, food, travel, Everything! To encourage your desire to live a life in style, its definitely a process and not always easy but an awesome journey. So let us have not just a little but LOTS of fun along the way. Be inspired by words, touch, sound, pictures, places and people. I think through the process I will figure it out more and more and improve as time goes by. Not just for myself but for my audience.
4. Whats something you’ve been working on lately that you’re REALLY proud of? I am pretty proud that I did take myself (on my birthday this week, no doubt) to the LA Fashion Market, which is a wholesale market place closed to the public that caters to retailers with a business license. I would like to start a business in retail, either online, in a mobile boutique, a brick and mortar or all the above. I have absolutely no clear cut direction of what I am doing YET but really proud that I made it this far! Lol. In the meantime I will continue to increase my online presence in social media, learn, create, attend events and build relations. Oh, and do these blog challenges! Ha! Fake it until I become it.
5. What’s the ONE MESSAGE that you hope people take away from your blog? One message that I hope people take away from my blog is to live life! Be inspired, be energized and focused whether it be just about the hour, the day, the week, the month, a year, your entire life. I would like to make a difference in some way in showing you to be alive to create your own opportunity. You can be excited about life while living as a single mature woman and creating something new and unknown, step by step into fruition. Living in the mantra of creating a life that I love and speaking on it so that you can create a life that you love.
Now it is my turn to see your comments. Please send me your constructive feedback, advice and suggestions! Thank you!